Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I down loaded windows 10 on my satellite p205D-S7802 it

Customer Question

I down loaded windows 10 on my satellite p205D-S7802 it works ok, until I try to boot up
what is the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

There are a few bugs in Windows 10 that are known to the to this. The first thing I would suggest doing is making sure that you have all the most recent updates. Regardless of the build of Windows 10 that you installed, there will be many updates that are required to bring it to the current version.

However, there is one bug in particular that I know of that affects the Toshiba satellite. And it is related to the fast startup option of Windows 10. Ironically, having the fast bootup option enabled is what causes the long delay on most computers. So I would suggest disabling that to see if it makes a difference.

To do this, open the Start Menu and type "power options" and select Power Options when it appears. When the Power Options window opens, select "Choose what the power button does" from the list on the left of the window. f you see a small blue and yellow shield icon and the text "Change settings that are currently unavailable", click the text. You may need to enter your password ***** your PC administrator's password ***** do this. Now scroll down to the Shut-down settings list. Untick "Turn on fast start-up" and click Save changes. When you next switch on your PC you should immediately see a significant boot time cut.

Let me know if this helps or if we need to do some additional troubleshooting.