Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

Since Microsoft loaded Windows 10 on my computer, I cannot

Customer Question

Since Microsoft loaded Windows 10 on my computer, I cannot access my Wordperfect files. Is there a driver for this, of is Microsoft up to its old tricks, rejecting other company's products? Help! All my word processing files are in Wordperfect!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the version of your WordPerfect, such as WordPerfect 12 or WordPerfect X5, etc.?

Is there any other program and/or hardware device not working with your Windows 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WordPerfect x6. Everything else seems to work

Thank you. Whenever a new Windows version is updated, there is always issue with some older program versions and/or older hardware device models.

Have you tried to reinstall WordPerfect?

And/or would you like to go back to your previous Windows version?

When did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did reinstall Wordperfect. Didn';t help.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago.

That's been a long time. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I will not give you control of my computer. Last time someone asked me for that, it was a scam.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cannot do this by phone because I'm deaf.

I'm sorry. There is no phone call needed. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- Before reinstalling WordPerfect, when you uninstalled WordPerfect, then restarted the computer, then did you try deleting all the Corel folder in C: drive -> Program Files / Program Files (x16) first?

- Or would you like to try going to back to your previous Windows version, if possible?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Or you can purchase the latest WordPerfect X7.

Or I can provide you a free new Office program that will work with your existing Wordperfect documents / files.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry this is taking too long, and I cannot stay on any longer. So far I am not satisfied with your help.

I'm sorry. Some older programs have compatibility issue with the latest Windows 10 version. This is a complicated issue for troubleshooting, so it will take time to fix. It is a lot easier and quicker for you having me connecting remotely to your computer and do all the troubleshooting steps for you if you'd like me to, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. We can continue whenever you are available. Please let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

It seems you are offline. So let me clarify the solution for your problem. Wordperfect X6 is not compatible with Windows 10. You can open it on Windows 10 and type on it, but you can't save a document or open a previously saved document. So you need to update to Wordperfect X7 which is compatible with Windows 10. If you do not want to buy the upgraded version you can download and install the free Open Office suite by Apache. Open office Writer can open Word Document files as well as Wordperfect files.

You can download open office from : http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Regards

Jins