Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My TracFone cell no longer works. I tried to reuse an old

Customer Question

My TracFone cell no longer works. I tried to reuse an old iPhone 4 with the sim card from my TracFone phone(###) ###-####. So I cut the sim card which enters the Iphone ... but it does not work ... is the message "Network unavailable" ... how to operate my phone number with my old iPhone ???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for coming to JUSTANSWER.com

.

So, you can use some Iphones on the Tracphone network, but they HAVE to be certain SPECIFIC Iphones.....not ALL Iphones are created equal.

.

So, the iPhone.....where did it come from? What network was it used on BEFORE? Where was it purchased? And the most important question of all......is it JAILBROKEN? Meaning is it completely UNLOCKED?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Iphone is unlocked

WHat was the Previous Cell phone carrier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have bought that new ... many years ago ... like me the Iphone came form Canada

What was the carrier it WAS originally designed to work on in Canada? Or do you NOT know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not shore to anderstand your question ... but the cell for my personnel usage
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

quite simply not all iphones will work.

you can check if your iphone will work by putting the imei number in this webpage

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/controller.block?__blockname=direct.byop_cdma_tf.landing&app=TRACFONE&lang=en&init=Y