Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

The camera on my iphone 6 is restricted or unavailable to

Customer Question

The camera on my iphone 6 is restricted or unavailable to other apps, but works on its own. What do I do to correct that. It used to work fine.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is the third time I have asked this question.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please go to settings, tap general, scroll down and tap restrictions

Tap enable restriction and enter a passcode.

Now turn off the Restrictions for your apps: i.e. mobile banking, docuscan

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You told me that yesterday, and I told you it did NOT work. Doing the same thing again expecting different results. If it didn't work the first FIVE times I did it, having you tell me to do the same thing again is not going to change the results. SO THE QUESTION IS, "WHEN THAT DOES NOT WORK, THEN DO WHAT? PLEASE TELL ME. As you can see, I'm getting frustrated.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

I'm so sorry i did not know that you are the same customer, Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'll use mobil banking as the example. But the same thing happens on all apps that use the camera. When I go to taking the picture of the check to be deposited, just clicking on the camera icon gets this response:
"ERROR! Camera access is either unavailable or restricted. Camera access must be unrestricted to use this feature"
I've done the obvious stuff--rebooting (before I asked you), then followed your instructions many times (hoping I had screwed it up). Please research this all you need to. I'd like a fast answer, but a fix is more important. Also, maybe you could add,"if that doesn't work, try this: (and whatever that might be). When it works, I will let you know, so you'll know if someone else asks that it's not me. thank you. Tom
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for your reply, Please Try the privacy settings under Settings. You might need to allow the app to access your camera. you may need to verify that whatever app you may be trying to access has access to the Camera app in Privacy.

That should fix the issue, please let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nope, but this did. Settings. Don't go to general or anything else. Scroll down to the apps. Find ones that require cam and turn on the Cam. They all work now. Hope someone else asks you soon! Thanks.for your time.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

I am very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved, and I'm sorry I did not help too much.

Please do not rate my answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, only rate if you are 100% satisfied.

Thank you very much.

Happy Christmas

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'll wait to see If your company bills me for all the back and forth. If they don't, I'll leave it alone. If they do, I will have to tell them why I'm disputing the charges to my acct.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Let them KNOW" that should have been
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 months ago.

Ok, Please only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service, if you are not satisfied. You can also request a refund by going to this page : ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Hope this help

Thank you