Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Help...my Microsoft Word has stopped working. A problem

Customer Question

Help...my Microsoft Word has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly after I installed my EPSON WF-3530 printer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Let me know the error you get while opening word.

Does the error come up when you try to launch the doc file or you try to open Ms word.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Does the error come up when you try to launch the doc file or when you try to open only Ms word and not a doc file?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not tried any other programs. When I click on one of my word docs, I get the following message, "Microsoft Word has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Michelle, are you still there? Could you please help?

try to open word on safe mode

Try the following steps:

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Copy and Paste the following command in the open box and press Enter.

winword /safe

1. If word safe works as expected, disable the add-ins for it using the following steps:

2. Click on File menu, click Options > Add-ins > Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

3. Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

4. Close the Office program and restart it.

5. Disable each add-in one at a time, restart word, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

If you are using Office Word 2007 or later on Windows 7 or Windows 8,Windows 8.1, you can use the following Troubleshooter to fix the problem. To fix this problem automatically, click the Run now button. In the File Downloaddialog box, click Run and then follow the steps in the troubleshooter.

FIX IT NOW

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much. Finally solved problem. Have a nice evening. :-)

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.

Thank you