Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

How can I recover deleted Facebook messages that are not

Customer Question

How can I recover deleted Facebook messages that are not archived? If the messages were sent/received on the messenger app, is that data available on my phone?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

If you have archived them, you can retrieve them. If you deleted them, then they are gone and you cannot get them back.

Try this to be sure please> go to your message box (not just the drop down, but to the full list of messages.) There you will see at the top left of the screen "Inbox" and "Other" and "More" with a drop-down arrow after the more. Click on "More". When the drop-down appears, select "Archived."

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for the quick response. The messages are not archived but I'm wondering if the data is saved in a a backup file from when my iPhone was backed up. If the messages are available when I am offline they should be somewhere on my phone's memory

No, unfortunately the iPhone cloud does not include Facebook messages.