Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am accessing this communication via my desktop. My

Customer Question

I am accessing this communication via my desktop. My question deals with my Dell lap top. Last night I downloaded Windows 10 onto my lap top. I have on the lap top screen Welcome to Windows 10!, the Dell symbol and the password ***** in bar. But if I try to type in my password ***** happens, the cursor is flashing on the password ***** but the letters for the password ***** not appear, nor can I move the cursor.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Would you happen to have a corded USB keyboard available to temporarily connect to the laptop?

If so, plug the keyboard in and hold down the power button to shut off the laptop. Restart it and see if the keyboard will get you in.