Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Had a message on my computer last night saying it was

Customer Question

Had a message on my computer last night saying it was Microsoft. Computer was locked up, as it was just two weeks prior from being hacked. With the previous incident Dell just walked me through wiping my computer clean and starting all programs as if new, as the computer was only three weeks old. The incident from last night however is making me feel uneasy. Yes the hacker is gone but I'm not convinced this was not also a hacking set-up. How do I find out? This guy charged me $799.00 to fix my computer and cover it for a year. HELP I THINK!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. This is a scam; it is a fake message. Does this issue occur automatically whenever you turn on the computer? Or does it occur when you open / use the Internet? etc.?

Does this issue occur when you go to some particular when websites on the internet?

If you close the message / close the internet, and re-open it, and/or shut down / restart the computer, does the computer work fine again?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,