Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

When I sign in, use the computer and stop work, I get a

Customer Question

when I sign in, use the computer and stop work, I get a screen saver. Many times when I try to sign in again, the system will not accept the entry or any input to the password ***** area.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

do you want to set it to not ask for a password ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

type

screen saver

in the search bar on the start menu

double click the change screen saver app that shows up

in the pop up for screen saver settings

UNCHECK the box that says ON RESUME DISPLAY LOGIN

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was able to stop the screen saver after I had been doing work as you directed. However, the problem is that in order to get back into the computer, I need to sign in again with my password. When I try to enter my password ***** computer will not let me type in anything. It actually locks me out of everything except to restart or power down the computer.

i am a little bit lost. if you uncheck the box it should run the screen saver but then go right back into the computer without the login when you click it with a mouse. Rather than disable the entire screen saver you want to just disable the part where it requires a login