Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I have a Asus X99 PRO/USB 3.1 ver.3 motherboard with a Intel

Customer Question

I have a Asus X99 PRO/USB 3.1 ver.3 motherboard with a Intel 5960X CPU & Corsair Dominator DDR4 pc2800 16 GB. The only parts powered are - 1 AMD Radeon 7970 ghost video card - 2 samsung 840 SSD's in raid 0 - and a R/W blueray optical player.
1st power up, I get fatal error 78 ( ACPI module initialization )
HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** allow me to assist you with your question today. I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Check the CPU socket for any bent pins. Also check the board is not making contact with something it should not be - for any short circuits.

If no luck, then I am afraid the CPU is defective, unfortunately.

Please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is part of the POST screen or other. It will not let me into BIOS ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this screen tells me the motherboard, CPU & memory but that is it.

Please keep me posted.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====