Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

How can i get google earth pro to open in chrome instead of

Customer Question

how can i get google earth pro to open in chrome instead of windows start up page.chrome is not the defalt setting.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Follow these steps please> open Chrome browser on your computer, then install the plug in>To install the Google Earth Plug-in, browse to https://support.google.com/earth/answer/176155?hl=en

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thnxs for the info. im a over the road driver and i was told that opening g.e.pro in chrome would help some of my issues,i was also told that using my hot spot on my phone would be hit and miss with g.e.pro because of the internet speeds.

yes, that is correct. The hotspot will only be as good as the signal, and speed you are receiving from your cellular provider and it will have some slower speeds and dead spots depending on the location you are in. I travel alot also and depend on my wifi hotspot through Verizon. I installed a 4g signal booster by Wilson in my vehicle and it works really well. >CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BOOSTER<

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tryed that site and it comes up as the download g e pro nothing about plug ins

Chrome uses plugins by default on a webpage unless they are a security risk.

Chrome automatically blocks plugins that are out of date or not used by a lot of programs. You can also block plugins yourself any time:

1. On your computer, click the Chrome menu .
  2. Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
  3. In the "Privacy section," click Content settings.
  4. In the "Plugins" section, choose one of these:
    • Run all plugin content: Chrome will run all up-to-date plugins.
    • Detect and run important plugin content (default): Chrome will run important plugins. Click to play non-essential content.
    • Let me choose when to run plugin content: Chrome will stop any plugins from running automatically. You can run specific plugins by right-clicking on them and choosing Run this plugin.

To allow plugins for specific websites only, click Manage exceptions.

Turn specific plugins on and off

You can turn certain plugins on and off at any time.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. In the address bar at the top, type chrome://plugins/ and press Enter.
  3. Next to the plugin you’d like to use or turn off, click Enable or Disable.

Note: When you visit a page with a plugin that’s turned off, you’ll see a message that says the plugin has been disabled instead of seeing the video or audio that’s on the page.