Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Facebook tricked me into opening a new account by refusing

Customer Question

Facebook tricked me into opening a new account by refusing my password & making me change it. When I oppened the page I realized that it had a slightly different spelling of my name & it was asking me to befriend people I know but are friends of friends. My lost account has family & is also my soap box for political action (maybe why someone wants to change it). How can I get rid of this nuisance & get my old account back?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Facebook would not tricked you into opening a new account because per Facebook policy, you are not allowed to have multiple facebook accounts.

Was the password ***** (it is case-sensitive)?

Have you tried to reset your Facebook account password?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for me to do this in the morning? The baby's sleeping & if I stay on the computer too much longer it'll disturb the whole household.

No problem. Can we continue in the afternoon pacific time or later? Tomorrow, please get back to me at this web page via the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer. Thank you.

Tomorrow, can you please sign out the new facebook account, then at the facebook.com website, use the option Forgot password ***** and see if you can reset your old facebook account password.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, this is more complicated than I expected. I thought I was on some google group & was surprised w/ the charges & all. Received notice from FB & told them I didn't ask for new password. Tjey allowed me to use the old one & I'm back in my original group. I only use the computer for research, political platform, e-mail, FB, & such. No games, movies, etc... Let me know how I can get out of this situation, please.

I'm sorry. I'm an independent computer tech. Usually, you would ignore any message / notice that you do not know or that you are not expecting; a hacker can try to send out fake messages in order to get your password.

But I'm glad you got it working now. If you need help with any other computer issue, please let me know; otherwise, I will cancel this for you. Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!

You're welcome. If you need any computer help in the future, please come back any time. Thank you.