Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am trying to Skype with a soldier deployed in Kabul,

Customer Question

I am trying to Skype with a soldier deployed in Kabul, Afganistan, everytime we try to video call a message comes up problem with playback device. Only been able to see him, couple of times for a few seconds, and he only saw me for a few minutes even though everything seems to be working while it is off. It is a online relationship and want to make sure it is real. Anyway also when the call says it is from Kabul Afganistan any way to fake that. I am concerned. thanks kim
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there Kim and welcome

Yes, it can be faked, this is quite possible via easy to use VPN solutions. Not saying yours is but its possible.

The could very well be a bandwidth issue occurring on his side or yours.

Have you been able to Video Skype with other people ok? Is it just with this one person?