Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

My Hypercom t4205 credit card terminal has locked up with

Customer Question

my Hypercom t4205 credit card terminal has locked up with the display message "Security Error- Call Service Provider". I called Elavon and held for over an hour with no luck, I found instructions online at the Elavon Merchant site...everything goes fine
UNTIL I am supposed to enter a specific dial-up number for the unit to download an update and get back to operational....it will not let me enter any number at that step??? I believe that if I can get it to dial into that number and download the pertinent
upgrade it will work again....HELP!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How does the terminal react when you try to enter numbers? does it beep, or show any overt sign of a reacting?

Try pressing ENTER before entering the number, see if that allows number entry. Other keys might also be tried - it could be a situation like trying to fill in an entry in a web form, when you haven't clicked on the entry box to place the cursor there first.