Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I got a notice today that some virus or other problem has

Customer Question

I got a notice today that some virus or other problem has occurred. I got a phone # ***** am not sure it is really from you. Will you check my system please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a scam; don't call any number.

Does this issue occur only when you open the Internet Explorer program? Or does it when you turn on the computer and/or does it occur any time?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. I can check your computer system remotely when you are available. Or you can try a possible fix below:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites if possible. (If needed, shutdown / restart the computer.)
  2. Open Control Panel, (then open Network and Internet if available), then open Internet Options.
    ; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type inetcpl.cpl then click OK, then Internet Options window will open up.)
  3. If a bad website or a website that you do not recognize is showing in the Home page box, then delete everything in the Home page box, then type a website you want, such as google.com or yahoo.com or msn.com etc., then click on Apply at the bottom.
  4. Click the Advanced tab at the top, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  6. Then click on Close.
  7. Then open Internet Explorer and keep default options if prompted.
  8. Then see if the computer / internet works fine now.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.