Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I just reinstalled Hotdocs so that the program files are on

Customer Question

I just reinstalled Hotdocs so that the program files are on the C: drive and the templates, answers, libraries etc. are on the D: drive, which is much bigger. When I tried to merge from my WordPerfect custom template on the D: drive, the merge failed and I got this error message: "There was an error executing WordPerfect 17 using path c:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\WordPerfect Office X&\Programs\wpwin17.exe /ddeex." I checked the path for the WordPerfect executable and it is correct. I don't know what ddeex means. I uninstalled and reinstalled Hotdocs to make sure its pathing was correct. WordPerfect works okay on its own. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I assume that merge operations worked successfully before the reinstall placed Hotdocs data files on the D: drive.

- Did you uninstall Hotdocs, and then restart your computer, before reinstalling it? that might be needed, to completely unconfuse the varying possible references to C: data files and D: data files.

- How large is the D: drive? if larger than certain limits, operations involving it might be obstructed. Can you test whether Hotdocs operations work with it (not involving WordPerfect) ? that would be advisable.

- Also test whether operations that involve WordPerfect alone work with the D: drive involved in any fashion. Just in case the D: drive *is* indeed too large.

(From the last two tests, if one fails and the other doesn't, a pattern of fault might emerge indicating which of the two programs is having the severer trouble.)

- A last thought: if the merge operation involving both Hotdocs and WordPerfect used to work before the reinstallation, then it is probably the reinstallation of Hotdocs that produced the problem, and Hotdocs is more likely to be at fault.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I did not see your response until now. I will try your suggestions as soon as I have time. Thanks! I will let you know what happens.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Good. I'm sorry if you didn't see my response sooner (though I suspect it wasn't my doing at all.)

Let me know how it goes, at your convenience. Meanwhile, have a good Advent and Christmas season. Thanks.