SoundWave1981
SoundWave1981, Sr. Systems Administrator Professional
Experience:  BS - Computer Information Systems & Masters of Project Management
67738541

Phil, OneDrive syncing issues
, Setup OneDrive, 2

Customer Question

Customer: Phil, OneDrive for Business syncing issues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Setup OneDrive for Business, 2 users, one user has had the 'syncing 10,456 items' in the Sharepoint folder for a couple of weeks, and the same user can't save to the Sharepoint folder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  SoundWave1981 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I understand that you are having an issue with your OneDrive for Business syncing your folders and contents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct

And your OneDrive is part of an Office 365 subscription correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, can't do a phone call right now Mr SoundWave 1981

Have you tried to disable the sync on that user and then enable it again? I had this happen to me a few days ago with my O365 enterprise subscription and had to work through it like this. Right click on the OneDrive for Business cloud icon in the task bar near the clock on the lower right side of your screen. You may need to expand using the small arrow for tha area. Once your right click the icon, select "stop syncing a folder..." and walk through the short wizard. Once you have done that you will want to log into the Office 365 and click on the cube of dots to open the menu on the top left side of the screen. Select OneDrive and when the screen opens select the "sync" option. This will start a new sync of your data that is located in the OneDrive cloud drive. Ensure you maintain network connectivity until the sync is complete. With that many files it may take quite awhile to sync them depending on your network throughput.

No phone call is needed. If you follow the steps above this should fix your issue and get your sync running again correctly to sync the file that are missing and getting ride of the hung operation you have going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is for the first part, problems syncing the sharepoint folder, which is another user's files.

Yes you would need to do that on the computer where you wish the files to be synced.

Also when you select the Sync option ensure that you are syncing in the same location as the original OneDrive for Business session. It will then compare the files and ensure the folders match the cloud copy without having to re-download existing files that are already located in that folder. Normally you would find the folder under C:\Users\%UserName%\OneDrive - %CompanyName% or possibly just C:\Users\%UserName%\OneDrive for Business

I hope my answer was the answer you were looking for to help you solve your problem. If it has worked for you and you are satisfied with my answer please let me know by rating my answer favorably. If you still require further assistance let me know and I would be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for using Just Answer. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be able to access that machine for an hour or so, but I will try your suggestions, thanks Mr SoundWave

You are very welcome and let me know if that was able to help you or reach back out to me if you have further need of assistance. :) Have a great day!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I just log back in and ask a question to you?

Yes you can log back in and submit another response to this question if you like. You should have an email in your inbox that you can use to get back to this question and submit another response. :)