Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I just installed Starry Night CSAP on my pc. When I tred to

Customer Question

I just installed Starry Night CSAP on my pc. When I tred to log on, I got a message saying that I need appropriate vendor specific graphic drivers. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530s and my operating system is Windows 10. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 12 months ago.

Hello Joseph, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Vendor specific drivers refer to the fact that Windows 10, nor the software program (in this case StarryNight CSAP) do not have the drivers needed to run the software. So for example if you have a Nvidia Graphics Card/Chip, you need to visit Nvidia Website, and get the drivers from there. I tried to look for the specs on yoru computer, but didnt find any i could rely on....so we have to ask your computer what graphics card or chip you have.

.

To do that:

run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:

Click Start. On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK

Then click YES on the confirm message box

Once the Direct X diagnostics window opens.....look on the second TAB, also called DISPLAY 1

It shoudl tell you EXACTLY what kind of card you have.

.

After we know that....we can get you the CORRECT drivers FOR that card....FOR Windows 10.

.

Make Sense?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I checked my Dell pc specs and I found the following." Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator". Does this help?
Also, your recommendation to use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool was not helpful because My Windows 10 does not have a regular Start menu so I couldn't click on Run and follow your directions. This is getting very frustrating. I currently have a 2001 version of Starry Night Backyard installed and I am thinking of returning this new version!!!

Windows 10 DOES have a regular start menu, and YOU CAN use run form the start menu. Maybe you dont have windows 10? Windows 8, does NOT have a regular start menu...maybe that is what you have?

.

I will opt out for another expert, as i dont want to frustrate you any further. Good Day

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I definitely have Windows !0. I assume the small window at the bottom left hand corner of the screen is the start menu. However, when I click on this icon, I do not see "run" pop up. Can you help me proceed?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there Joseph and welcome

Sorry about the issues you have had. You do have windows 10 but the access to the run menu is different to how it is indicated previously here.

Press the windows key (the key with the windows logo on it to the left of ALT) and R

Then type in dxdiag then press enter

Tell me what it then says please for version.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did get a menu of items that are installed on my pc. There are lots of items so what specifically am I looking for? I don't see an item that says graphic driver.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, you mis read my instructions, Ill repeat them for you again.

Then type in dxdiag then press enter

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
before I decide to have you connect to my computer, here is the info that surfaced following your instructions .On the display site:
Device:
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Chip Type: Intel)R) GMA 3100
DAC Type: Internal
Device typa: Full Display
Current Display Mode: Mode 1680x1050(32bit)(60 Hz)Driver:
Main DRiver: igdumd64.dll,igdumd32
Version: 8.15.10.2697
Model: WDDM 1.0I hope this helpsJoe Leitgeb
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, but I still need you to do the instructions I have been repeating.