Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a Gateway DX4860 computer and I tried to update it to

Customer Question

I have a Gateway DX4860 computer and I tried to update it to Windows 10 last week and was told that I needed additional drivers installed that were not on my computer. I call Gateways service and was told that you were still working on the drivers and that I would have to wait? Is that the way Gateway wants to run it's business? How can I get the drivers and update my system?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Unfortunatley you are exactly correct! Gateway, and many OTHER manufacturers of computers like HP, and Dell are under this same pressure to get working on development of hardware drivers that are compatible with Windows10.

.

Yesterday, i had an issue with an HP computer that was SUPPOSEDLY to be compatible with Windows 10 (thats what microsoft said). But it turns out, that the drivers MUST come from the manufacturer of the computer...HP....and they had NOT developped it yet.....because the amount of computers that have this problem is small enough for it to be pushed out and given a LOW priority.

Eventually they will release a driver FOR THAT HARDWARE (DX4860) that will make it Windows 10 compatible.

.

But there is ALSO a chance they will abandon it altogether. And you will NOT be ABLE to PROPERLY use Windows 10 on that computer EVER.

.

By the way....Gateway, like HP, and Dell, all use the same hardware.,.....i say...BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER......its WAY simple! And you are ONLY dependent on the CORE manufacturer, not a company who just slaps parts together and calls themself Gateway all the while using parts and pieces you can source yourself cheaper and better. But, you be the judge