Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to reset my password as I forgot the one I used

Customer Question

I am trying to reset my password ***** I forgot the one I used in newly updated windows 10. I have completed the form several times and yet I am told not enough information to establish my identity. Now what do i do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com
I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

So, when you setup Windows 10, you can CHOOSE what type of account you want to use.

A Local Account, that is JUST a username, and is NOT an email address. Accompanied with a password.

.

Then there is the microsoft account that you can use to login to windows 10, that HAS to be an email address. Accompanied with the password.

.

Which account did you lose the password *****? Local, or Microsoft?

If it was the microsoft account, then you MUST follow their rules and regulations for password ***** and resetting.

.

Now, what i think might be the best thing for you....is that i HELP you in this process, so as to make sure you are not missing anything, and that you are proceeding as prescribed by microsoft.

In order to do that, we would have to do a REMOTE SESSION.

It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.
I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No Please refund my charge as you cannot access my computer I am using a chrome book to communicate with you

You will have to contact customer support to request a refund. Im only the expert, and do not handle billing