Breland
Breland, Sr. IT Administrator
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
91054880

Can we reload windows 7 pro?

Customer Question

Can we reload windows 7 pro?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for contacting Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help.

To better answer your question, could you please tell me what you have installed now as your operating system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have very little.I do not care if I lose it
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Do you currently have Windows 7 now or did you upgrade to Windows 10, for example?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have windows 7 pro was offred A free up grade .But my system says I have NO room
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like I say I would like to reinstall
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

I see. Well, it is possible to reinstall Windows 7. Do you have the recovery CD that came with your computer, if one did?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not get one.That is why I am here
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you have submitted a duplicate question about this. According to that question, you have a Dell OptiPlex with 250 GB hard drive, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you. That's fine that you don't have the CD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you reinstall?
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

One moment please while I write the instructions for you.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

1.Back up important files and data. If you do not back up your files, you will lose them.
2.Turn off your computer.
3.Disconnect everything but the monitor, keyboard and mouse. This includes your: ◦scanner
◦printer
◦modem or network cables
◦mobile phone and tablet
◦USB flash drive or other external hard drive

4.If your laptop is docked, remove it from the docking station.
5.When the Dell logo appears on the screen, press F8 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn't open, wait for the Windows login prompt. Then restart the computer and try again.

6.Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then press Enter.
7.On the System Recovery Options menu, select a keyboard layout and click Next.
8.On the next screen you can log in as a local user or the Administrator.
Note: Use the drop down menu to the right of User name: to select the local user or the Administrator account and enter the password ***** that account. If you have not set up a password ***** the local user account leave the password ***** empty and click OK.

9.Depending on your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools and then Dell Factory Image Restore.
10.Click Next to open the Confirm Data Deletion menu.
11.Select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box and click Next.
Note: The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes to complete. A message appears when the operating system and factory-installed applications have been restored to factory condition.

12.After the restore operation is complete, click Finish to restart the computer.
13.Restore any data or programs you want from back up files.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Above are the instructions for reinstalling your operating system. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding any of these steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have it.thanks.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. Thank you for the opportunity to help. If I've answered your question, please kindly rate my answer. Otherwise, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you run into the issue with your hard drive filling up again but you don't much on it, this can happen because of a virus. Certain viruses will create files on your machine until it fills up.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I just wanted to follow up on this issue. Were you able to resolve the issue? Thanks!