Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My start button in Windows 10 is dead. No left click

Customer Question

My start button in Windows 10 is dead. No left click function...get some options for right click. No tiles appear or previous menu items from earlier versions. How do I fix this??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was your Start button working previously in Windows 10? If yes, when was the last time it was working fine?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a couple of solutions you can try when you are available.

Solution #1:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type RSTRUI then click OK

, then click on Next, and select / restore with the date before this issue first occurred, and wait until it finish.

, then check the Start button.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please click on the website below:

http://www.classicshell.net/

, then there, click on the option Download Now on the left to download and install the Classic Shell program

, keep all default options during installation

, then check the Start button.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.