Maurice
Maurice, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional, HP Certified Hardware Engineer, 20 years of hands-on experience
32995637

My husband passed away and i am unable to get into this

Customer Question

My husband passed away and i am unable to get into this account the phone # ***** the account no longer exist i see no way to change it. I do not know when the account was set up since my husband was computer smart i am not. Please keep in mind when you answer me make it as simple as possible. My phone # *****(###) ###-#### ********@******.*** My husband name was Ted Sands and my name is***** You
Category: Computer
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

hello marsha, my sincere condolences first of all. my name is ***** ***** i'll try to help you with this. could you tell me what kind of phone are you trying to get into? iphone? android? many thanks, maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using my computer a Mac Book Pro.
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

do you have your own account on the same macbook pro as well? just to fully understand, you can log on as you, but not as him? is that correct? thanks, maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that i can remember. Can i try to set up my own account. What i am concerned about is i have the same email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to set up account will not let me using my email address says account already attached to it.
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

additional email address can easily be set up, if you wish. who is the email address with (aol.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes thru netpointe.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gmail on my samsung phone but prefer not to use it on my laptop
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

would you be happy to start with all together new email address? you could use***@******.*** provided by apple. regards, maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have discovered i do have a google account. I have been thru so much stress i never took the time to check my book with my passwords. I do appreciate all your help. if i can't get it to work i will be texting again. Is there any way to get rid of my husbands account.
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

that's great news. you can of course remove your late husband's account from the computer, let me know if you need help with that. all the best, maurice