Maurice
Maurice, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional, HP Certified Hardware Engineer, 20 years of hands-on experience
32995637

I have another Dell desktop computer that will not complete

Customer Question

I have another Dell desktop computer that will not complete a start up. The Dell logo appears and a circle of dots comes on for 5 to 10 seconds and then the screen goes blank. After several minutes, the white light on the start button changes to solid amber. I can turn off the computer and get the same results again & again. I think the power supply is working and that the problem is with the system board. The computer is about 3 years old and has an Intel i7 cpu.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

hello charles, it could be that the screen is not compatible with the graphics resolution after the windows starts loading. try to but it up in safe mode (f8) to see if you get the same issues. it's unlikely the issue with the system board. have you recently changed anything? does the monitor (and the computer) have more than one port (vgi, dvi, hdmi)? regards, maurice

Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

hello charlie, did you manage to check the connections as advised? regards, maurice