Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

How can I get out of windows 10. I cant use it, I cant

Customer Question

How can I get out of windows 10. I cant use it, I cant figure it out. I get in by mistake figuring it was an up date not an up grade. Now I cant use my printer or get in to my files
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Idelle, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I am very sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, I would love to get to help you with this.

.

You can REVERT back to your previous version of Windows, and it should easy enough that some instructions will be all you need.

.

Would you like the instructions to REVERT back to previous windows?

Go Back is a feature that will return your computer to the previous operating system that was installed before you upgraded to Windows 10.

The Go Back option will only be available for 28 days after the installation of Windows 10. If you perform a disc cleanup, refresh, or reset in Windows 10, you will not have the option to go back. If you have deleted the windows.old file from your computer, you will not have the option to go back. If your installation required an external USB drive you must use the same drive to go back.

.

Before you go back to a previous version of Windows, do the following:

• Although your personal files should not be affected by going back, it is recommended that you should back up all important data (personal files, photos, videos, documents, applications, software, etc.) before going back, to avoid any possibility of losing your important data.

• If you were using a different password ***** the previous Windows version on your computer, you might need your old password.

• Keep your PC powered on and plugged in to a power source for the duration of the go back.

• After going back, you will need to reinstall some apps and programs, and any settings changes will be lost.

.

To Go Back:

1- In Windows, search for go back, and then click on "Go back to an earlier build."

2- The Recovery window opens in Settings. In the Go back to an earlier build section, click Get started.

3- On the Why are you going back? screen, select an answer, type more details into the Tell us more field (optional), and then click Next.

4- Read the What you need to know screen, and then click Next.

5- Windows reminds you that you will need your old password, if applicable. Click Next.

6- Click Go back to an earlier build.

7-Wait while your system is restored to the previous version of Windows. Do not turn off or unplug the computer.

When Go Back is complete, log in with the user account and password ***** your previous version of Windows.