david
david, Computer Guru
Experience:  6+ years of computer expertise
65089077

My extended monitor went to power saving mode and I can´t

Customer Question

Customer: My extended monitor went to power saving mode and I can´t get it back
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was adjusting brightness and instead of light button I pressed the one next to it with an strikes and enter sign bebeth
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: and it went black and said power saving mode I restarded my laptop monitor is working there Restarted again cheked for power saving on comp
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

I would be glad to help. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you switched the input the monitor is displaying which would explain the problem. It's possible that the issue is something else, but I would need more information to be sure. If you are able to provide the Brand and Model of the monitor I can provide instructions on how to change the input for you.

Also, most monitors will be able to detect when a valid input source is connected, and switch to it automatically, so you may want to try unplugging the power cord from the monitor, then make sure your video signal is being sent to the monitor, and plug the power back in and turn on the monitor. It should detect the input and switch to it automatically.

If your monitor is displaying any messages please let me know and I can diagnose the problem further.

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

If my previous suggestion did not work, please let me know the Brand and Model of your display, and I can look into specific instructions for your device. You can post your response on our website here:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/9fqau-customer-extended-monitor-went-power-saving-mode.html

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

I will do my best to keep your question open so you have a chance to rate or reply on your question page using the link below: