Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My 1100 will not connect to my Imac. Firewall is shutdown

Customer Question

Customer: my 1100 will not connect to my Imac. Firewall is shutdown
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Installed software and updates. Remote is connected per instructions. I don't get any reaction when I press any of the buttons to begin the process. Light in upper left hand corner (off) continues to glow.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Get me up and i'll fork over the dough. How long will my wait be???
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

I'm not sure what type of device you referring to when you mentioned your "1100". But, if it is a router, what I would suggest doing is shutting down the router in the computer first and then bring up the router until it connects to the Internet, and then starting up the computer. This should restart the router software and allow you back to connect again. If not, let me know, along with any additional information you can provide so I can provide a more detailed answer.