Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a very old windows vista XP and have forgotten the

Customer Question

I have a very old windows vista XP and have forgotten the administrator password. It does have a disc wizard recovery however I do not have a disc. I have tie all the internal methods to bypass and try to reset and they do not work. Any suggestions.
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know by "administrator" you mean exact administrator or a profile with administrator privilege?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My administration password ***** me into my compter. Without it no one has access. It does ask for a disc for wizard fix only I have no disc I have tried several internal methods to bypass that has not word either
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

There is method to reset the password..

Before that, please let me know the username of your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

yes,

Please answer me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows Vista Home premium
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we rid the attitude ? I didn't know...
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for updating..

This is what we have to do..

Download password ***** disc > Boot from it > Reset Windows password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said I don't have the disc.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

I shall share the download link...

Please download software and burn it to disc

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, Do you mean you don't have a disc to burn

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get into my compter I have no access to a browser I am on my cell
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

I see..

sir, do you have windows vista installation disc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First Barbara is not a "sir" and second I do not expect to be charged for this BS. I MADE,it very clear in my 1st question what the problem was and you have been most impatient.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

ok,

Let me make you more clear. There is no way of resetting password ***** Windows platform unless you have a second user with administrative privilege.

The only option is to boot computer from a external device like USB/CD/DVD drive which have password ***** tool incorporated in it.

If you don't have both then i have no other way. I will opt out to other experts on that case.

Waiting for your reply

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't bother and I have screen shots of our entire conversation incase I see a charge. You could have told me that to start with.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. I would have told you if you mention the operating system correctly. But in question its given as " old windows vista XP ". I thought it might be Windows Xp as there is a way to reset password ***** without CDs

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out to other experts

Thanks

Fiyaz

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
You will first have to create a cd from a working computer.
I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems. The process is quite simple: You create the cd on a working computer, put the cd in the problem computer, and follow the rest of the instructions below.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link and save the file: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.
Reboot normally.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to travel elsewhere to do this and hope it works. It will be later today before I can do this 2 est and will not be home until?

Thank you for the update.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you.