Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Ihav alenog50 computer it was agift.iused it in wisconsi it

Customer Question

ihav alenog50 computer it was agift.iused it in wisconsi it has aphoto Id sytem and was using it to get on the internet-meanwhile i forgot the password.Ibroght the machine down to alabama and set it up on my century link act down heae aand continued to use the photo Id to turn it on I made the mistake of dowloadin widows 10 . and now th start up asks for mypassword ***** i dont hav e iwould not mind going bac tow 8 or watever you suggest iam typin this on my wifes table model
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not have cellphone you can call my land line(###) ###-####
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I do live online support. Can I provide you the instructions there?

Do you mean you cannot open any program on the Lenovo G50 laptop computer at all?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. I'm going to provide some solutions you can try when you are available. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- If there is an email address showing at the password ***** login screen, then on your tablet, please go to the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next

, then enter that email address, and enter the characters as shown on the page, then click on Next

, then follow the instructions there in order to reset the password, then try it on the problematic Lenovo G50 computer.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following fix:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Remove everything and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Another method to reset the computer:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom of the computer's screen.
  2. Click on the option On-Screen Keyboard.
  3. Click on the Shift key on the left of the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.

Do you see the menu / Troubleshooting when trying the above steps?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If there is no email address or if the first solution does not work, please try the following fix on the Lenovo G50 computer:

Another method to reset the computer: