Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I am having an issue with voicemail attachments in Gmail

Customer Question

Hi, I am having an issue with voicemail attachments in Gmail opening in Groove Music on my Windows 10 laptop. When I click the "download" arrow on the .wav attachment it opens in Groove Music. This would be fine, but about 80% of the time Groove Music
does not play the file... I must have done something to screw this up because these types of files used to download into the File Explorer window where I could choose the program. But all of a sudden now when I download the audio files goes directly into this
Groove Music player. Been trying for the past hour to figure this out.... I'm stuck!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

- Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on Settings

, then click on System, then click on Default apps

, then under Music player (and /or Video player), click on it, then choose the program you want, usually, you want to choose Windows Media Player or Music Player, etc.; try each as needed and see if it works.

- If that does not work, please download and install the VLC Player program at the website below and check:

http://www.videolan.org/

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.