Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I got a computer that has a password but I do not know the

Customer Question

I got a computer that has a password ***** I do not know the password? How do I get into this computer. It is a windows 8. I do not have the install disk. I am willing to put a new OS on this computer. How do I either login without knowing the password *****
install a new OS?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of the windows 8 computer?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try a possible fix below in order to reset the password:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset your PC, and continue.
    (When prompted, select the option "Just remove files.")

Another method:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom of the computer's screen.
  2. Click on the option On-Screen Keyboard.
  3. Click on the Shift key on the left of the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset your PC, and continue.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi - I am going to try this, it is not my computer, a friends, so please be patient with my reply. Is there a timeframe I have to reply by?
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.

There is a no timeframe, so don't worry; you can reply back any time you are available. But if you can, please give me an estimate date when you have access to your friend's computer.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I posted another question here. See if you can answer: http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/5c991106418c476ca1fc7dd4acd2b76b

I'm sorry; I'm not an expert in web page / script coding / design. Any other expert who is familiar with that will email you. Thank you.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

If you still need help with the windows 8 password ***** please reply back, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service on this page, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

How is it going? It's been a few days. Please let me know if you still need help with this or not. Please keep me updated. Thank you.