Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently purchased a new computer with windows 10.

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a new computer with windows 10. Although it has been a frustrating experience, all seems to work well now after a lot of expense and help from Norton and other partners. I am in the process of trying to set up skype and it is all but impossible to set it up and be able to sign in. I just uninstalled it and am prepared to reinstall if there is some help and explanation to go with it. I have been running the MS windows systems for years----------this is the worst.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I am sorry to hear about all the problems you have been having.

Skype should be straight forward, just run the installation, open it and sign in.

Can you tell me Doug where exactly it has been going wrong for you please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After setting up the account-------account name--------phone number , there are four additional categories that need to be filled out. At that point the problems mount and with much back and forth with numbers and codes supplied by skype still cannot sign in. I am not a novice and ran skype on my previous system
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, its still not clear sorry on the exact problem you have sorry

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard----------sorry to have bothered you. I have just uninstalled skype and decided if I need to the facility to see and talk with the person I can use face time on my tablet. Windows 10 and all of the attendant problems are more than I am willing to continue to pursue
Regards------------------------Doug
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its no problem Doug, though I am certain I would have gotten it working for you. I marked this question to never close, so at any time you can always return

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you