Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I had a flood at my house and during the clean-up process

Customer Question

I had a flood at my house and during the clean-up process the power cord for my Lenovo All-in-One desktop C540 disappeared. I have searched the internet looking for a replacement cord but cannot find one.
Replacing the cord is very important to me as I have a number of things (especially photos)on my computer that I can't loose.
Can you help me find a replacement cord for this machine --- please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. These power cords / adapters are sold online. Can I provide you the store's website link where you can order for one?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - but if I can't get the cord there will I still have to pay you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found several C540 cords for a tower all in one machine, but they were not the correct ones

You're welcome. No, you don't, but I am sure you will get the power adapter for it. Let me provide you a few websites, so you can check out. Stay with me on this web page for a few minutes please while I'm checking. Thank you.

I do live online support. Can I provide you the website links at this web page for ordering this power cord? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way YOU can find the correct on the sites you offer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of these look correct. Idea Center will not work with my machine.

Your Lenovo computer model is IdeaCentre C540 right? Thank you.

I've checked; there is only computer type for the Lenovo model C540. There is no other Lenovo computer model with the model C540. Thank you.

Please look at the label(s) at the back of the computer for the Product Name / Product Family, Model / Machine Type, etc. to confirm. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I'm here. Please stay with me on this web page and reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot supply you with the information you asked for since the computer is my daughter's and isn't here now. I found 2 power cords online for a Lenovo All-in-one that I thought should work, but she says they are wrong. I guess we'll have to give up on this. Thank you for trying, though.

I'm sorry. These power cords are standard for Lenovo all-in-one computers; I'm not sure why she thinks they are wrong. Can we continue whenever you can have her check the label(s) at the back of the computer for the Product Name / Product Family, Model / Machine Type, etc.? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives 300 miles away and is very frustrated. It is something about the Idea Centre Essential AIO that is the problem for her
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But again, thank you for looking it this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume there will be no charge since the issue isn't solved?

Lenovo line ups their product in categories. The model C540 is in the Essential lineup, but they don't really use the whole product name for it; they just market it as Lenovo C540 All-in-One. There is only one Lenovo model C540 and they all use the same exact power adapter type (the only differences are touchscreen or not, different processor speed, amount of memory RAM and hard drive.) Thank you.

You can call her or email her to check the model / type / product name if you'd like to continue any time; otherwise, I will cancel this for you. Thank you.

Unless you have any other computer question/issue I can help with; otherwise, your deposit will be processed for refund. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be able to talk to her again before tomorrow as it's very late here. I don't know how I would get back to you.

No problem; we can continue any time you are available. We have emailed you. You can get back to me via the View Answer / View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We left this open last night but none of these cords will work for what she needs. Please end our session and refund the money I paid to you. Thank you very much for trying. XXXXXXXXX

You're welcome. No problem; this is being cancelled per your request. If you still need help with anything else, come back any time; we guarantee our service. Thank you.