Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a Gateway DX4300 desktop computer with an AMD Phenom

Customer Question

I have a Gateway DX4300 desktop computer with an AMD Phenom II 4 810 quad core processor and a 8GB DDR2 memory. Can I upgrade to a faster processor and more memory with existing motherboard?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.
I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

what type of Gateway is it?

Is it a DX4300, DX4311, DX4320, DX4350, DX4370, DX4370G, DX4375, DX4380, DX4380G.

Which one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DX4300-15e

thank you.....i am continuing to check, please stand-by

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd prefer to communicate online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still there?

Sorry, i was imposed on an important personal matter, but i have now returned.

.

I am checking to find a schematic of your motherboard, so i can tell you how many RAM lsots you have.

.

I already know you have an AM3 processor slot, which would allow you to put ANY AMD processor that fits THAT slot.

.

I only have the RAM to work out now.

.

Sorry for the delay.

ALrighty, i found it.

.

It has 4 slots, using Dual channel unbuffered, at a MAX speed of 800Mhz (which is kinda slow by todays standard)

.

The DX4300 can support a MAXIMUM of 8GB of RAM. And the BEST configuration would be 2GB per SLOT. (YOUR ALREADY MAXXED OUT!) Although the configuration can be changed...depending on the current configuration you have already.

.

The processor is an AM2+/AM3 slot. Which means ANY processor that is designed to fit in an AM2+/AM3 slot, WILL work on this computer. (BUT NOT an AM3+ processor)

Here are some examples of an UPGRADE processor that WILL fit in that computer:

SEE attachement!