Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Just installed Windows 10 and now all I have is a blue

Customer Question

Just installed Windows 10 and now all I have is a blue screen with the circle of dots going round and round. This has been going on for hours and if I turn the computer off. . .when I turn it back on it is at the same place, blue screen, etc.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any files you need recovered?

Try pressing F8 repeatedly on startup, and see if there is an option to refresh your PC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Choose option to troubleshoot --> reset this PC --> keep my files

If you go this route, you will need to reinstall any missing programs. Your documents/files..etc will be safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have files to recover, just unable to use the computer at all.
Cody, I cannot get to anyplace to reset. It is just this blue screen with circle of dots and no way to get anywhere. I have no idea if files are missing. F8 did nothing. no options, no bars, nothing but this danged blue screen.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What's the make/model of the PC? It may have a recovery partition to boot from.