Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

My Idea Tab-S6000 battery indicator light always says 1%

Customer Question

My Idea Tab-S6000 battery indicator light always says 1% charged . I never know how much time is on my battery. My tablet is less than 2 years old. It started doing this year.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

The first thing you need to do is unplug the power source and see if the battery dies out in a few minutes, indicating the 1% reading is correct and the battery is not receiving charge. This is a good indicator either the battery charger or the battery itself is malfunctioning. You can try plugging a different charger (of the same voltage and amps) to see if the battery charges.

The other thing you can do is upgrade the firmware/software within the tablet's operating system - sometimes the reading is erroneous and all it needs is a small update.

There's a video here showing how to upgrade the firmware on your S6000 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZleCSS1wE

Providing the upgrade doesn't solve the problem you're looking at having to purchase a new battery unfortunately.

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,