toughguy
toughguy, The Computer Guy
Experience:  Post Graduate (Gold Medal) with 9 Years of Work Experience, 11 Year of exp in data recovery
21067471

I want to know if using a microphone on the computer do you

Customer Question

I want to know if using a microphone on the computer do you hears sounds in real time or is it you speak and it records after you speak. I was thinking about using it to sing karoke and would like to hear it as I sing it. and if you can do this what type mike can I use can I use a gaming headset with microphone or just a laptop mic?
Category: Computer
Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. This is Leela and I will help you with the question today.

By default a Microphone on the laptop is LIVE and it doesn't RECORD and PLAY BACK. But there are programs like a SOUND RECORDER which can RECORD AUDIO, SAVE and you can later PLAY BACK as per your need.

If you have a HEADSET that is good, otherwise your laptop mic should suffice.

If you want to RECORD and then play back that is going to be straight forward and easy.

But if you want to HEAR as you SING (with a delay of few MILLI SECONDS) then it is going to be difficult. But i can suggest you a SIMPLE TRICK by which you can TRY and see how it goes.

If you have a SMART PHONE (Android or Apple or Windows), then you can use SKYPE App on the phone (also have headset for the phone) and also use Skype on the computer. You need to have 2 Skype accounts (which are FREE anyway) and you call from your Skype of laptop to Skype of Smarphone. You will SING onto laptop and have EARPHONES of your smartphone in your ears so that you HEAR via your smartphone that way you can get some DELAY of few milli seconds and you can hears as you sing along. But it is going to be tricky.

if you have headset/MIC for the laptop then it is going to be very easy.

Please let me know if there are any further queries.

Thanks,

Leela

Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.

If you have a GOOD HEADSET for your Smartphone, then you can SING in your phone and LISTEN on your laptop. You can try anyway as per your convenience.