Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I've just discovered that my account billing was closed. My

Customer Question

I've just discovered that my account billing was closed. My credit card info just changed. But without warning or a days grace (after 19 yrs a customer. I've been locked out of my AOL account. I have the new credit card info right now. Can you assist me?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called aol's 855 # ***** was informed I have to call back during normal business hours ???
Can't I simply give them the new card info online now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't send your response to my email address. IM LOCKED OUT OF AOL AND CANNOT READ ANY RESPONSE YOU MAY SEND!!!!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

In this case, a live phone call will be necessary to straighten things out with AOL, if possible.... because, quite simply, without any account with AOL, you cannot use their online facilities in that fashion, by online means only. You'll have to get your account reinstated by a customer service rep. for AOL, then you could hope to do things online with your account.

The alternative is to open a new AOL account, which of course would do nothing RE the old account.

So unfortunately you will have to call AOL Customer Service in normal business hours.