Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

, my tv wont turn opn the led blinks 2 yimes
, ok

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my tv wont turn opn the led blinks 2 yimes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
philips 55pfl7108 12/h
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, most ften a faulty power supply or main/control board (error is specific to a 12v failure), though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These philips tvs are at the bottom end of the quality spectrum, using generic/refurbished parts in many cases, and having very short service lives. These sets last typically a few years, which is the norm for them.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age/size, replacement will often make more sense - you can get a brand new LED tv from a more reputable brand in the $600 range these days,

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's seems it a problem with the mainboad . do you know a shop or website where i can purchasse it ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I don't know of any sellers that would carry a new board, because these philips tvs are very poorly supported and parts are just not readily available for them.

Your best option will usually be a used board off ebay. 310432882041 should be the part number, and when searching for it look for the 55pfl7008 model instead (same chassis)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is my board part number
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The model I sent should be interchangeable, they are the same chassis/series.

Your model is even more obscure, and I see only one source for it: http://www.worldofparts.com/wop_en/spare-parts/small-signal-board/philips-small-signal-board-08-0004635.html

it is available, but quite costly; to the point that I would not consider this even even worth the price of the part. That is of course your decision though.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.