Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network
21913621

IAM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A 100MB I0MEGA EXTERNAL HD TO

Customer Question

Hi Dan I'm HUGH iAM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A 100MB I0MEGA EXTERNAL HD TO WORK ON MY COMPUTER I HAVE HAVE WIN7 WITH UOGRADES TO WIN 10
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY SOFTWARE IS 64bit version
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CORRECTION Cancel live phone for now.
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy to attempt to assist you with this. However I cannot find any reference to an Iomega external hard drive at 100 MB. So I have to presume that you are talking about the old Iomega 100 MB ZIP drives. Those were external drives that connected via SCSI, USB, and I think parallel. Now, from the Iomega (Lenovo) site:

Iomega's site says the following about that qualified for 32-bit Windows 7: "Zip® Drives: Zip® 100MB, 250MB or 750MB USB, ATAPI, FireWire or SCSI drives should work with native Windows 7 drivers. IomegaWare software does NOT work with Windows 7, so features supplied by IomegaWare will not be available."

What that means is the the Windows native drivers should be able to be enough to allow the OS to see the drive. However, all of the specific Iomega features and functions would not work. But that was Windows 7. The rules are a bit different with Windows 8 and Windows 10. For them, the likelihood is extremely low.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding this. I will send over an additional services offer per your request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the iomega device will not work on my computer with? If that is case that all the help i want
at this time. I do not want to go further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not accept $320.00 offer. Please confirm my understanding of the initial answer for v$47.00.
Hugh

If the device you are using is an Iomega 100 MB zip drive, it is not a fully supported device on Windows 10. Is that the device you are dealing with? If so, then I will change the offer back down to the much lower price. Please let me know...

Also, please understand that there may be multiple ways to try to get this thing to work. And again, the situation is not static. Microsoft comes out with new standard drivers every week. And if there are enough people requesting ZIP support for Windows 10, then it will become a reality. Also, can you tell me what the connection type is with this device? Parallel? SCSI?