Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a 2012 Inspiron 660 Fast track 0512 Desk top and a

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Inspiron 660 Fast track 0512 Desk top and a Dell V525w Wireless All In One Inkjet Printer.
I have recently downloaded Microsoft Windows 10.
After some Printer problems, it was suggested I needed an USB 3.0.
Will an USB 3.0 work with my printer and can I buy one?
Shelly F. Williams
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

So, the suggestion to use a USB 3.0.....is that just to say that a cable between the printer and computer would solve the problem with the wireless connection between printer and computer? If so.....Well YEAH!

.

Connecting the printer up to the computer with a USB cable will OBVIOUSLY solve the wireless connection....because you wont be using the wireless connection anymore....because you connected it with a USB cable.

.

In anycase.....connecting a printer to a computer is ALWAYS better with a USB cable than to rely on a wireless connection between the printer and computer. Its just the nature of wireless, is NOT ALWAYS reliable...however, a USB cable IS ALWAYS RELIABLE!.

Does that help?