Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have windows 7. When I boot up, a View Downloads box pops

Customer Question

I have windows 7. When I boot up, a View Downloads box pops up. In the box is Powershell.exe. The View downloads box flashes 30-40 times each time adding anther Powershell.exe entry. I can download a program to try and fix but cannot run it. Also, windows media enter won't run. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I get is a pop box that says this page cannot be displayed when I type in msconfig and press enter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You need to click Start and type it in there, in the search and programs box, not here in your web browser... but exactly as per the instructions I gave

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did type msconfig where you said, in the search and programs box. Additional Services will not work because, for example, I can download LoMeIn123 but cannot run it. If you want to continue by phone, my cell is(###) ###-#### BTW - happy to pay whatever the charge would be to get this issue resolved.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, then you press enter.

Page cannot be displayed error would only happen when you do it in your web browser.

I am also sure I can get my program to run for you as long as it has internet, it is not logmein.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can assure you I typed msconfig in the search and programs box.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

And it says page cannot be displayed? After you press enter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can assure you that is what happens after I follow your instructions exactly.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, very strange, you can accept the offer so I can do this, and if I cannot connect to your computer I will issue a refund

Does this sound fair Robert?