Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I just received a note that said it was from Microsoft, I

Customer Question

I just received a note that said it was from Microsoft, I couldn't leave the page. the note ask me to call this number 1-***-***-**** for a Microsoft certified technician. I decided it was fraud. But then I found out I could not leave the page. I turn the computer off and after some time I turned it back on. At first I thought it was OK, but when I tried to use it it locked up again. So I turned it off again. And found a way to get around the problem. In the message t said do turn your computer off. and don't try to logon to anything. Of I can't be certain the note was not from Microsoft, but I followed my gut. Please reply. I apollage if the note was from Microsoft, but I want to know. I use the computer very much. I have a Microsoft logon and password ***** I didn't think I would be able to use that . Melvin Graves
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

This is a ransomware. The note is not from Microsoft. Please disregard it and do not call.