Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have an acer aspire 5349-2592. I attempt to reset to

Customer Question

I have an acer aspire 5349-2592. I attempt to reset to factory settings but the computer is stuck at "Setup is starting services"
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

When it starts setting up the services for the first time, it CAN TAKE AWHILE.....so how long did you let it stay on, and in this process? Hours? How many?

.

If you are stuck, then you might have to do a REinstall, with the media on a CD or USB, that you can install from.

.

Sometimes, doing a factory reset, can cause the system to hang, and if this is the case, your only choice is to WIpe the harddrive and do a REinstall of the operating system from a CD, DVD, or USB drive.