Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

This is a question about a possible scam., do you know if

Customer Question

this is a question about a possible scam., do you know if West Kiis LLC is a legitimate company to do third party repair work for windows
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

No, its a scam company, its a common trick that is used and usually they call and say you have issues and try to charge $499 to fix it.

This results in a cost for nothing to actually be fixed as there is nothing wrong with the computer. From all indications they are actually base out of India.

No company will ever call you like this Thomas. If you provided them your credit card details, please contact your card company asap and indicate the fraudulent cost to try to get it reversed.

If you let them onto your computer, tell me please and I can then see if they have infected it, but that requires you first paying them and then running software they ask you to download.

Else you are safe, just the next time they or any other company such as them with a similar message, calls, tell them you know this is a scam and hang up. This way they will stop sharing your number with other companies.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you