Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I have a xerox machine and I changed internet companies and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a xerox machine and I changed internet companies and wasn't aware this would affect my printer connection.
I work from home and I have to print today for appoint. we have tomorrow
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Is the printer a wireless printer?

Either way.....can you give me the model number of the printer, so i can pull the manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a wireless printer and it's a xerox 7800 series

thank you, ***** ***** me a few minutes to research this.

IM not seeing the 7800 series as a wireless printer. So....is there any other model numbers or serial numbers?

Are you SURE it is a wireless printer?

Maybe you can check to make sure? If it is not wireless, or even if it IS.....try using a Network cable to plug it into the router, or the switch of the NEW internet company device.

Make sense?

.

Or you can try going into the setting son the printer itself, and check the NETWORK settings.

Check to make SURE the DHCP is setup correctly, and if it IS wireless....make sure you setup the SSID and password ***** the printer manually.

When you changed internet companies, they may have ALSO changed out the wireless device. Which had the SSID and password ***** on it. And now since you have a NEW wireless device, you may also have a new SSID and password. The printer WONT know the NEW SSID and password, until you tell it. YOu will need to manually enter these settings on the printer through the buttons and screen ON THE PRINTER.

Configuring Dynamic Address Settings for IPv4

1.At the control panel, touch Printer

2.Touch the Tools tab, then touch Setup

3.Touch Network & USB

4.Touch Ethernet, (if wireless is here select this instead)

5.Touch TCP/IP (v4)

6.Touch On:DHCP

7. Touch OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I had some issues finding were to reply, it's actually a xerox 7845
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still trying to help me

Yes yes...i am looking at the manual, for the 7845, please standby

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks I will wait

okay, so please make sure of this first.

Note: You cannot connect to a wired network and a wireless network at the same time.

Also, here is the instructions for connecting the printer to the wireless network:

.

Connecting to a Wireless Network

If the printer is connected to your wired network, you can configure wireless settings in CentreWare Internet Services.

Before you begin, purchase and install the Xerox ® Wireless Network Interface.

1.In CentreWare Internet Services, click Properties > Connectivity > Setup.

2.Next to Xerox® Wireless Network Interface, click Edit.

Note:The Edit button is available after you install the Xerox®Wireless Network Interface.

3.To configure IPv4, IPv6, and DNS settings, on the Wireless Profile page, next to IP, click Edit. Configure settings as needed, then click Apply. The printer uses separate IP settings for wired and wireless network connections.

4.On the Wireless Profile page, next to Wireless Settings, click Edit.

5.On the Wireless Settings page, click Scan for Available Networks. A list of detected networks appears.

6.Next to the SSID name of the network you want to join, click Configure and Select.

7.The printer detects the security mode that your network uses. Configure the following security mode settings as needed:

−Under WEP Setting and Key, select the bit strength and key.

−Under Encryption Algorithm, select an encryption method. Auto automatically detects the algorithm that your wireless network uses.

−Under Authentication Method, select the authentication method that your wireless network uses.

−To require the printer to validate certificates, under Server Validation, select the certificate that you want to use. Install the validation server root certificate on the Security Certificates page at Properties > Security > Security Certificates .

−Under Device Certificate (TLS)-Authentication Certificate, select the device certificate that you want to use. Install the device certificate on the Security Certificates page at Properties > Security > Security Certificates.

−Under Outer Identity, configure the external User ID.

−Under User Name, type the user name that the printer uses to access the wireless network.

−Under Password, type and confirm a password. Click Select to save new password ***** needed.

8.Click Save.

9.Navigate back to the Setup page, then click Properties > Connectivity > Setup.

10.Next to Xerox®Wireless Network Interface, click Make Active.

Here too is the LINK for the SYS Admin guide to further help you.

.

http://download.support.xerox.com/pub/docs/WC780X/userdocs/any-os/en_GB/wc78xx_mfp_sag_ck1.5_en-us.pdf

Look on PAGE 30 for the wireless network setup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, give me a moment to try these instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm stuck in downloading the xerox wireless network interface. I should have it already in my computer right?

The xerox wireless network adaptor IS NOT SOFTWARE.....it is an adaptor for the printer. Kind of like a wifi USB dongle for a computer.......only this one is for the printer.

I think you need to use the PRINTERS buttons, and screen to do this.....not on the computer.

ON the printer itself do the following:

Configuring the Network Address Manually at the Control Panel

1.At the printer control panel, press the Machine Status button, then touch the Tools tab.

2.Touch Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings.

3.Touch Dynamic Addressing.

4.Touch Enable, then touch OK.

5.When finished, touch OK

Again, i think the problem lies in the wireless settings in the PRINTER.

When you changed internet services, they ALSO changed out the router/wifi device. When that happened, you got a NEW wireless network (SSID) and a new password. YOU must now enter these settings into the printer.

Its is similar to connecting a laptop to a wireless network.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent a phone call request. The steps you provided are not working.

Well, i am out of options, as a phone call isnt going to help in this situation.

I will OPT-OUT and allow another expert to help....if they can.

Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I appreciate your help. How do I select another tech?
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you from this point. I have read the information so far and just need to clarify to make sure I understand the situation:

You recently changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP), before the change, when you were using a different ISP, your setup, including the printer, was working just fine. Since the ISP change, your computer can no longer connect with the printer and print.

Is this accurate? Was the printer connected to the network wirelessly (or was it connected to a computer that shared the printer on the network)? I am assuming that the printer is connected to the network wirelessly unless told otherwise. I believe we just need to get the printer on the correct network. I can certainly help you do this.