Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am running Windows 10. I am the Administrator, I been into

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10. I am the Administrator, I been into my account and made a blunder when changing the password, eg. I have changed to a pin number Log in. I inadvertently added to the Pin Number an "A" to the change of pin number and have been unable to access my PC. I have created a password ***** disk to the instructions but after going through the instruction to the letter, changed the password ***** success. As I am being told on completion it keeps telling me that there has been & error?
Can you help me out with this problem? Regards, ***** *****
***@******.*** PS. I understand through reading forums that others are having the same problems when using a Windows Password ***** Disk.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin. My name is***** a PIN-based login doesn't wipe out your password. You can use either.

On the page where you enter your PIN click the link that says "Sign in options"

You'll then see two icons. A key and a keypad. Click the key and enter your password.

The unfortunate thing about password ***** is that they have to be created before you lose your password ***** they

must be created on the machine to be logged in to.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin. We can try resetting your Microsoft account. Do you have access to your***@******.***

inbox on another computer, phone or tablet? If so, we should be able to reset things so you can log in to the machine.