Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an Asus Notebook K50IN series computer and have just

Customer Question

I have an Asus Notebook K50IN series computer and have just changed to a new wifi device - a Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced Pro X . It is supposed to be a a Wi Fi device but it will only work if I connect a USB lead to the laptop and the device. I have spoken to the Telstra people and they have tried to help me but have been unsuccessful in fixing the problem. They suggested speaking to you. The device will work (without the lead)on our Samsung tablet. I have taken the device to Telstra shop also and they have checked the device and said there is nothing wrong with it must be my settings. Any ideas on how I can use it with out the lead?
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Can you see the wifi symbol on device while its turned on

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

If you can see wifi symbol, then you may scan for wireless network from your wireless device and see if it shows any

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know the update

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Since you are not online please check..

If you can find wireless network, see its your device wifi. You can confirm it from the wireless name which shows in device. The password ***** ***** there in device

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Please update status

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the wifi symbol on the device and it is showing 1 the password ***** ***** TPPW4G_F9JJ.The system says I am currently connected which I am.J
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I previously had another telstra wi-fi device and it worked fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Imaccidentally pulled the lead out of the device which disconnected our connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not seem to be working
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Are you there

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Still online

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Please do this...

1: Please turn off device and disconnect USB lead/cable from computer

2: After 1 min, Turn on Telstra Wi-Fi device (Do not connect USB lead to computer)

3: Wait for wifi signal, once wifi symbol shows in device scan for wireless network and try connect..

Check if you can connect..

If issue appear, please let me know what happens when you try to connect wifi siganl which is from wifi Telstra Wi-Fi device. Any error message

Please update status

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error message it looks like it is connected. There is a '1' beside the connection. But I have the lead connected to the computer and the device. If I pull the lead out (which I did previously) I lose the connection - to you.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Hope you are referring the digit near to wifi symbol. It indicates the number of wireless users connected to Telstra Wi-Fi 4G