Can the computer turn on still? Or will it not power on at all?
Okay, you've done most of what you can do yourself. Here is what you should try:
1) Turn the laptop off, turn it over and remove the battery
2) Using a cotton swab or a cloth with rubbing alcohol on it, clean the metal contacts that the battery connects to inside of the laptop
3) Make sure to clean them thoroughly, as dirt or anything else can keep them from making contact with the battery and it won't charge
If cleaning the contacts didnt work theres one other thing you can try:
1) Turn the laptop off
2) Remove the battery
3) Turn the laptop on and log into Windows with the battery removed
4) While Windows is open and logged in, plug in the battery
5) See if its detected
Did that work for you? If so, please come back to the site and RATE my answer so that we can close out the question.
If it didn't please let me know so we can continue!
Did you have any follow up questions?
If not please remember to RATE my answer before you go.