Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

The Geek Squad at Best Buy said I need a copy of recovery XP

Customer Question

The Geek Squad at Best Buy said I need a copy of recovery for Windows XP Pro to restart my OptiPlex 320 from a hard disk failure. My key is KP6PC G8DQH KJGMP KWBBG DVPRW Express Sercive code ***********
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. You can download a copy of

Dell 32-bit Windows XP Pro that includes Service Pack 3 from here:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/dell-genuine-windows-xp-pro-sp3-oem-iso-download/

and burn it to disk so you will have your own copy for free.

Please take a moment before leaving to provide a rating using the stars at the top of the page.

It would be much appreciated.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need help with the installation.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. We're you able to create the

Windows installation disk?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If the installation disk has been created correctly you should be able to boot the computer from it.

With the PC turned on put the disk in the drive tray and close it. Hold down the power button to

turn the machine off.

Turn the machine back on and immediately start tapping the F12 key to launch the startup menu.

Use the arrow keys to select the DVD/CD drive and press Enter.

Keep an eye on the screen while doing this. If it asks you to press any key to boot from CD,

hit the spacebar real quick.

After doing this and you hear the disk spinning in the drive but it does not boot up it means there

is a problem with the disk that was burned.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Were you able to get the installation started? Let me know if you need more assistance with this. Thank you.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Please only respond on this page. Every time you open a new question it generates a new charge to you. I had the latest question closed so you will be receiving a credit.

Can we set up a time so I can connect to the computer you are using to prepare the installation disk?

I believe that is where the issue lies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK what time would u like??
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Does 1PM Eastern work for you?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Ready?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I miss u can we try Tom orrow so time.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Here's when I'm available: tomorrow 8AM or 2PM Eastern or after 9PM, Eastern time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here now.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Great. It's almost 2 PM. From the computer used to prepare the installation disk, click the link below.

On the page that opens click I Agree and the connection download will begin.

When prompted Allow the program to Run. Once it loads we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=aa35df89-ce55-42cf-a8ef-4c210a333730#

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If you're downloading with Chrome you should see the Elsinore.Screen.Connect.Client listed in the lower left corner of the page.

That's the file that needs to be run.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If you're having difficulty please accept the phone call offer. I can get us connected over the phone.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Here's another way we can try. Go here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Click the big, green Download - Free for Private Use button and install the program.

Once it's installed, open it. Underneath Allow Remote Control you'll see some numbers

Your ID

and

Password

Send me those numbers and I'll be able to connect.

PLease do not close the program or I'll be unable to connect.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

I'm still available.